PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 6th Feb 2010, 21:21
iwalkedaway

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Although I thoroughly object to the term SLF, that is what I have been for many years - through most of which I have flown happily on numerous airlines other than BA. However, following this unhappy - yet riveting - saga, and having many friends and contacts on both BA flight decks and as CC - I have to say I have been moved to encourage my business to book BA as long as good deals can be struck (and increasingly they can). V. happy to anticipate flights staffed half by practised pros, half by volunteers - they could be fun. I am a little concerned by potential militant CC/volunteer FD frictions jeopardising safety standards, but confident professionalism and common sense on both sides will prevail - we're all aboard the same toothpaste tube, after all.

So what really tipped me into telling our travel people to try BA first, regardless? The kind of militant internet communications I've just been shown this morning by a moderate CC member. Posting them here unexpurgated I guess would get me banned - I'm only an interested bystander in any case - but what kind of twisted self-interest and warped sense of entitlement generates this kind of material?

As in: "You want to **** Willie's ****!!!! The thought of his **** **** inside your ***** ********* makes your ****** ****** *** soooo *****!!!! Good for you that you love him soo much!!!".

(MY APOLOGIES but surely this exemplifies an indisciplined mindset which a long respected and respectable community would have long since clamped down upon?).

All I can say is that I hope such misplaced militant effort scores an emphatic home goal. It has with me. BA bookings have been made. (all usual disclaimers). Good luck to all of you BA types who appreciate that you are our national flag carrier - and who act accordingly. Thanks.

iwalkedaway

Last edited by iwalkedaway; 6th Feb 2010 at 22:03.