PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1 July Contracts?
View Single Post
Old 5th Jul 2002, 02:23
Snake Hips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6feetunder...Yep I understand the point. Whether or not it is/was
right for a single group of permanently employed staff to enjoy a contractually protected benefit whereas the rest did not, is perhaps debatable. Probably not on this forum though!

I guess I was simply trying to make the point that whilst there are sadly still many unhappy people within your group (aircrew) , it doesn't mean EVERYONE within the airline is disenchanted.

JF in the paper today is quoted as saying something like 'now we'll show the people of Hong Kong how Cathay Pacific treats it's employees' (from memory, so apologies for any misquote). Well this employee has always been treated extremely fairly. I wish I had joined earlier in my career. It irritates when I read this stuff.

I certainly don't subscribe to the view the airline is mismanaged, another oft quoted remark from the union guys. There may well be issues of how the pilot body is managed but the airline
mismanged...nah no way. 99% of airlines would kill for our 'problems'. As I've said before, a class act. Great product.

Good luck anyway. Your ground colleagues desperately want all this to go away so we can all concentrate on the real business at hand. I know many aircrew feel the same. It's just the light, right now, seems along way down the tunnel.
Cheers