PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 4th Feb 2010, 15:11
BentleyH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crew make up

Caribbean Boy,

I'm afraid you are mistaken. The pilots completing the course will be the SCCM. We are being entered into TRACIE (the cabin crew rostering system) and will be rostered in exactly the same way as current SCCM. This will include conducting the briefing, sitting at 1L, taking any NITS briefings, allocating working positions etc etc. We will also continue to operate as SCCMs until the operation is fully back on it's feet.
I can speak from authority because I have the course notes for my course and have spoken at length this morning with Flight Ops about it.

For info, there is no hot food planned in the service. I'm assuming customers will get vouchers in the same way we did during the Gate Gourmet dispute (oh, yes another great example of Unite (formerly the T&G) in action!)

I agree its prudent not to count one's chickens....etc which is why I worded the update on the court case the way I did. One thing is for sure however, its not going very well for Unite so far.

Tirimasu - Well done on your work to date. We flew a couple of months ago and to be honest, it was a breath of fresh air to hear you understanding the issues and being very honest and clear with the crew. Keep it up and good luck!