PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 4th Feb 2010, 12:59
BentleyH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BASSA set to lose court case

I heard on good authority yesterday from individuals present in court that the judge has already made it very clear to BASSA's counsel, that he is barking up the wrong tree.
Unless he can produce a completely different argument to the ones currently being used, BASSA will lose their application and be subject to court costs.

No real surprise!
3 defeats on the bounce with yet more to come!

I also gather they have yet again sent multiple ballot papers to some individuals along with papers to former employees and former members!

Perhaps Mark Everard should have spent more time working on their data base rather than surfing the internet!

I've also just been rostered for my SCCM training day having completed the normal 3-day course yesterday. Apparently there are 5 courses planned with ten of us on each course. I gather around 700 pilots have now volunteered in total.

Shame its come to this, but I really want to see this through now so that the cancer that is BASSA can be permanently removed from this great company. I don't want any innocent people to get caught in the fall-out, but I fear some of those still blind to the BASSA rhetoric but not that militant will get caught up in this and will lose their jobs.
Best way to protect against that of course is to turn up to work with the rest of us when the strike is called, so we can keep as many of our loyal customers flying as possible.

From what I have seen in Cranebank this week, there will be a brilliant atmosphere on board woth lots of 'can do' spirit rather than constant referal to outdated rule books which actually prevent us doing the right thing for our customers.

Here's hoping the current pain is worth it for the long term gain.