PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DESO :-(
Thread: DESO :-(
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2010, 01:40
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't see joining as a cadet as any stepping stone. As SO they are not even given a true endorsement on the aircraft. So after 3, 4 or 7 (??) years as SO what real qualifications have they to show? Stick time? P1 U/S? Takeoffs & Landings? Approaches? Sorry.... NOTHING. Their contract does not even allow for upgrade.

Many of those in the DESO holding pool (as I understand it & correct me is I'm wrong...?) have a lot of jet experience. Some even on type such as A330, B777, etc or B737 and A320 yet CX prefer to lower the bar for a better profit.

Yes, CX appears to be hell bent on being "just another airline". This process is begun by management cutting every cost possible to ensure profit margins keep growing (all be they artificially - see QF as an example), salary and wages decrease (except for remarkable bonuses paid to the bean-counters. Hell! Even the fool who screwed up CX's fuel hedging and cost the airline millions received a healthy "productivity bonus" last period!) and all the while pilots will sell their soul.

Then we see pilots fight with pilots because he/she joined as a DEFO / DEC / cadet, SO with no BPP, A-Scale vs B-Scale vs (now) C-Scale, retirement age..... DIVIDE AND CONQUER! Then management have the audacity to question why morale is so low, why pilots call in sick, why their is no respect for the uniform.....

25 years ago CX pilots were paid VERY well and they showed that respect given in their professionalism and genuine passion for the airline. Can those in the management driving seat claim the same? CX? May as well say it in the same tone as Jetstar, Ryanair, etc....