PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 21:35
DADDY-OH!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chowder

You spout bile, bullsh*t & libelous 'facts' when in reality, they are the rancid ramblings of a 'Deskjockey' who publicly kisses the arse of any reader who's remotely connected with the bookies favourite airline to go bust-Monarch!

The term 'Spannermen' came about when I was paired up for 16 days with a cracking BCT engineer who was an absolute asset to the team & was a delight to be around in the bar. Our kids are the same age & we were discussing the 'X-Men' film then got onto the subject of a film about some people called the G-Men. Over a few more beers & with input from the crew we decided the pilots would be AIRmen & the engineers should be 'The Spannermen' with the best being 'Spannerman' with a Superman symbol drawn on his t-shirt. It was all good, harmless fun.

Now feel free to enlighten me as to how the term 'Spannermen' is deemed to be derogatory, offensive & unprofessional. In 20 years of being an aviation professional, I have come to know & become great friends with many engineers who I've worked with. The are generally cracking, decent, straight talking blokes who like a beer or 3 & are good company & good craic. However, I've found that generally, 'Contracts Managers' can do anything BUT manage.