PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 20:41
gps117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an ex BA Employee of 11 years (Crew for 3 1/2) it really saddens me to see how one man has managed to cause so much anger, mis-trust and animosity between a group of operational teams, that 3 years ago, worked together, helped and supported each other and made the day go with a smile, when you popped a few sherries into a bag if you recognised a colleague off the ground, or offered a more comfortable seat, or even a few left over breakfasts and coffee supplies for the engineers crew room

Willie Walsh has come to BA to do one thing, break the unions, and he will. As a supporter of BASSA during the 97 strike at yes voter during the 07 ballot, Bassa’s downfall will be not given an inch when they could (introducing fixed links etc) now BA wants the mile.

I remember days of partying with an entire 767 cabin and flight crew at the dodgy night club in Larnaca, sharing a laugh and a cup of tea with a TRM whilst we waited for the bus full of happy Paris passengers to arrive at 5:00 am, always being welcomed to enjoy the view over London in the jump seat by the Airbus flighcrew (and flying in sideways coming back from Stuggart on very windy December morning ). I cant see that happening now, with people volunteering to break a strike, names and number flying around, the list goes on. Will newbie’s have these memories…well I doubt it from what my friends who still fly are telling me.

What makes BA the best airline to work for…well the pay T’s and C’s definatly helped, so no one should be berated for wanting to give them up, but its the banter and the people that also made it for me, from my years there I met friends for life, (and a few lovers along the way!)

Don’t let Mr. Walsh and his cronies ruin it for all, because it may be Cabin Crew at the moment, but what’s next? Cruise Pilots? Aviance in BA uniforms at LHR? Load Control for LHR in BRU? Service Air TRM’s on 17K a year?