PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 18:19
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very few airlines or airports provide what most would call a good standard of service, this industry is the only one where customer standards have gone backwards in the last ten years, that this has happened as flight costs have fallen is no surprise, you do get what you pay for, the problem is its not uniform in terms of cost. If you paid a few quid and every thing goes well you've got a good deal, if it goes tits up then it matter not whether you've paid a few quid or a few hundred the support is at best poor, with the demise of Globespan there are only a few players now, in League 1 you have Easyjet & Ryanair and in 2 you have Jet2 and bmibaby, the first two fly new aircraft and have few problems tech wise, Easy have suffered more with snow problems this year than Ryanair like wise Jet2 have had more weather problems than bmibaby all down to the airports that they operate from plus in babys case they barley fly over the winter these days.

Jet2 own most of their aircraft and don't seem to work them too hard with some back up if it goes tech, baby lease all of theirs with no back up at all in Summer so you pays your money you take your choice non of them are very good when things go wrong, a look at Skytrax tells you the customer picture Easy are now 50/50 with Ryan who have moved there game up a few points, Jet2 are ahead of baby but are going backward in customer terms, baby are running hard to stand still, the problem is all have been forced to cut costs to try to stay with Ryanair, who now flood every corner or Europe and pax have wised up to the charges, but non offer a pleasant flight these days, where i can i will avoid all of the above and stick with AF-KLM BA SWISS they all have good deals if you book early enough, i am sick of getting mugged by the Loco's but Jet2 are no worse than the rest so give them a break Chowder