PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 17:26
al446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chowder

obtaining a aircraft engineers licence is no mean feat, it requires a very high level of knowledge both practical and academic and is a extremely demanding job
I'm sorry to disappoint you but you do not gain anything by osmosis by recruiting these highly intelligent people but if you spent some more time time with with them they would tell you from their academic background that it is customary in our language to write "an aircraft engineer's" rather than "a aircraft engineers".

I would also like to express my satisfaction with J2's performance from when we have used them whether from LBA, MAN or BLK and I have used them quite extensively. Marginally, I prefer them to EZY and by a country mile to RYR.

Unlike yourself, I do have practical aviation engineering experience albeit some years ago, RAF aircraft electrical and instrument fitter, as opposed to shoving related paper round a desk. From this I can form the view that I don't give a toss how old the a/c as long as it complies with CAA requirements and is well maintained which I believe all J2's fleet is. My experience is that EZY have had more delays which possibly reflects the way the fleet is scheduled and how knock on of circumstances can cause delay. Perhaps the timeliness of an airline simply reflects optimum usage of the fleet so those with better departure punctuality may indicate that the operator underuses their a/c (price goes up) or charters (price goes up).

Perhaps you would like to reflect on your reasons for posting on here after you have considered all of the variables or alternatively just go away.