PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk VI
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 15:15
JazzyKex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A question arising from the last few trips...

I have spent the last couple of trips with some extremely good cabin crew. No animosity, no backbiting (within earshot) and the chance on a couple of occasions to chat to the CSD's about the ongoing situation. Something they are only prepared to do within the privacy of the flight deck...understandable I suppose.

The one thing that has come from these intelligent, articulate people is that they are convinced they, and the rest of the crew will lose significant amounts of money. They numbers on board are not an issue. Their sole concern is that BA has made NO assurances in writing that with the imposition of new crewing levels there will follow imposition of changes to other aspects of their agreements that will directly affect the bottom corner of the pay slip.

The question I have for someone in the know is; has BA said anything like this? The assurances BF has made about maintaining pay for current crew (ignoring the trojan horse of New Fleet, which I know can only be mitigated by a monthly payment), are they assurances that are binding or have any time period?

Are these generally very BA minded people, very anti strike but extremely worried, being concerned about something already put to bed by BA but being talked up as the future by BASSA or are these very genuine concerns?

Also I'm truly sorry to hear the depths that some in BASSA have stooped to with regard to the PCCC...truly appalling and a stain on the character of the many decent but clearly poorly led members.

Good luck to all.

Jazzy