PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Cruise FO: Accepting Interest...
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2010, 04:11
strim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What VA is offering is a disgrace.

I have worked hard to get where I am in GA and enjoy my job (G1 MEIFR and occasional CHTR). I basically work 9-5 and earn slightly more than what's on offer at VA. Throughout my time I have enjoyed a great relationship, bought a house and spend plenty of time with family and friends. I've had the opportunity to move on but could not have achieved/enjoyed these things on a regional pay.

I have got this far never having paid for hours, endorsements, renewals etc...

Now why a person would spend so much money on a licence, ratings, hour building etc and then accept a contract like this is completely beyond my comprehension. I can only put it down to lack of maturity or too little time in the job. Flying is not life, it is a job, and while I think the 777 is a brilliant machine and would love to fly one, I'm not going to sacrifice my current situation/lifestyle with such a backwards step. Nor would I accept a job where they said, congratulations, now pay us 30k.

The main question I would ask those who have registered interest is, why is it VA has no clear path for progression within its ranks? How is this attractive?

Any CFO's out there want to talk us through a typical roster? Then we can compare it to QF SO and see how big the divide really is.