PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student dual hours replace solo hours?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 18:55
Ryan5252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must say I am rather disappointed that the school said ''it is a requirement passed from the CAA''
Are you sure that is exactly what was said? What I mean to ask is, is it possible that when querying why you were paying dual rates for a solo flight the club explained to you the obligations which lay on the instructor in line with CAA regualations? Im not too sure that a flight school operating in todays day and age would have to come up with random 'lies' to justify their costs. My own club is fighting off price increases on all fronts and struggling not to pass this on to the students. Perhaps, depsite paying the same hourly rate, this is why we have over 20 students and a 2 month waiting list for new recruits. I am satisifed that when I book in I am getting dedicated breifs, fantastic groundscool and am making excellent progress with my flying.

If you are not happy with the level of service you have recieved, or feel 'cheated' by your club/school do something about it and move on. However, Id say more likely than not you have misinterepated the explanation provided, in which case I would counsel you stop crying and get on with it.