PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 16:31
helimutt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heli,
Don’t talk like a t**t my friend,

Oh I think Adam Ledger is on a steep learning curve. Quite surprising for someone who has an ATPL at 21.

Tiger and Flyvirgin, you are both total fools unto yourselves! Tiger training? WTF are you on about now? Are you 6yrs old?

FlyVirgin? The name suits, as you probably haven't flown yet. Competition for me? I doubt it, unless he has the correct licences and wants to fly helicopters instead of planes. Oh, and if he wants my job, you're more than welcome to it. Why? Because the grass isn't always greener.

Be careful what you wish for! It's a big bad world out here once you leave your mummys and daddys home!

I always find it refreshing when WWW says it like it is, the wannabes totally disagree, then lo and behold, they go off and rarely, if ever, come back and say 'I proved you wrong. I got that right hand seat straight after training. I paid my £70k+ and was offered a job straight away'

If those sort of people came on here, and proved us all wrong, then we would all sit back and say, look, we're wrong. We got it so wrong about the recession, the lack of jobs etc. We must have been out of our minds to put people off.
Take a look at the industry. Even an FI is struggling to get work nowadays. Why? because the easy finance routes have gone. No-one has the equity to spend in their houses anymore. The banks aren't just handing out training loans anymore.
Unfortunately, there aren't too many who return to these forums with great news. I wish there was.