PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - CC Industrial Relations Mk V
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 15:03
flybymerchant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Markymark1234.....

I asked about your pay and how many days you work to ascertain your veracity and to verify your integrity as a serious poster as much you say seems to be delberately ignorant an all-too-obviously incendiary/inflammatory....I also wanted to see whether you would deny what I already know, as I am friends with a 33percenter.

You get paid £26,000 per year for your 33% and your flying hours, the ones where you are working 'productively' for BA are so low as to make a mockery of calling it a 'flying' job.

Average BA shorthaul flying hours (100% contract) is approx 500 per year for cabin crew- only just over HALF what every other airline gets out of their crew. And the stats show how much more you get paid (double Virgin, 50% more than easyjet (which in real terms means you get paid OVER 3 times as much as easyjet cabin crew (your nearest uk pay rivals) on a level productivity field!!

With so much going for you, with such obvious areas where you cost the company money in wasteful and pointless inefficiency, HOW HARD WOULD IT BE TO WORK A LITTLE HARDER?!?! The really sad thing is that if your union had sat at the adults' table, that's all that would be happening, WITH NO LOSS OF PAY!!

Now BASSA have pointlessly wasted so much time and money, which was always going to be added to the CC cost savings target, keeping your Market leading Pay is no longer an option, and keeping your Market leading terms and conditions is an absolute impossibility.