PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 - 3
Thread: Jet2 - 3
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2010, 01:04
DADDY-OH!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you inferring, Smudge'?

If you're getting specific, I operated mainly on the Air India contract (KLM support) & the MoD ACMI's & Falkland's run (BCT). I take it you work for Monarch, Smudge'. Well done on a cracking job with the pinning the spar on 'FG & re-config'ing its Air Evac fit. I don't doubt MON are very good but they aren't exceptional.

The MoD ACMI & Falkland's aircraft had period of 17 hours, another of 36 hours downtime at Brize' & 20 hours twice every week in Mount Pleasant which is where most of the sched' (& occasional unsched') maintenance was completed. It helps when the aircraft is accompanied on every sector by a BCT engineer, fly away kit & they always looked ahead in the OOPs & carried components that would need replacing while the aircraft was away from base. But if it was approaching a major check, sure, leave some niggly ADD's open!! For what MON charge, old TD was going to get his money's worth & pound of flesh!

I take it you have 'issues' with competing maint. providers & deem that anybody but Monarch isn't worthy? Well get your head from up your arse, Laddie! From what I've seen in operating B757/767's for 10 years when it comes to Line support for B757's & B767's MON Eng. AREN'T elite by any means. They are comparable to FCA, TOM, KLM & BCT but no better than these & more expensive than most others.

To get back on track, I travel with Jet2 frequently to TFS, BFS & AGP & have for the last 3 years. I admit there have been a couple of tech issues of the B733 fleet but I've never been delayed due tech. problems while travelling on their B757's. I have no doubt the forthcoming B767 will enjoy the same dispatch success, as it's the same team looking after the B767 as the B757 fleet.

And for the umpteenth time... Top Drawer doesn't mean Top Dollar.

If you want to squabble about it, start your own thread. This thread is about Jet2 & their tech. support set up & from what I've seen, they're doing fine & will continue to do so. Get over it & move on!!!

Good night, Smudge'