PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Integrated (f)ATPL Training - Flight Training Europe v CTC Wings
Old 1st Feb 2010, 16:38
SW1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ben, I was on your course at Leeds. I graduated in July 2008 and watched all my fellow wide eyed mates go off to these FTOs with the total conficence they would be sitting in a RHS now. 2 who went to FTE were tagged on the Cityjet scheme, one is now travelling while the other sells power from a call centre, the others at CTC have no jobs and if they are in training still, they chat on facebook beating their chests that they got 99% in their last ATPL exam- who cares? No jobs skygod!!!!

Maybe they should introduce career talks and other relevant modules, other than computational fluid dynamics, and not from that Lee Woodward or whoever comes in and gives you all the **** and spiel while you dribble at the former students dressed in pilots unifom at the front of Houldsworth lecture theatre A, thinking you will be them!!!

PS I did modular, am up to my eyeballs in debt, and ive only got half the debts you will have. Sorry to rain on your parade but thats the truth. Good luck with the degree and enjoy the summer ball.