PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New jumpseat regulations?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2002, 23:24
PocaHostie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GoneWest... Thank you for pointing out the obvious... and it is a sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with...... But... I can't think of an appropriate description for these individuals that would meet with Capt. PPrune's approval..!

411A....Foxmoth and myself work for an outfit that has full occupancy on 95% of it's long-haul flights....Jumpseat authority is in somecases the only way you can guarantee that your spouse/partner can travel with you at the same time when your operating.......And it is particularly used by our cabin crew and ground staff as well...!!

The FAA at present cannot gurantee that the security systems in place will prevent potential terrorists from gaining access to commercial flights Stateside.......... OTHERWISE... they would be banging on about it "ad-infinitum" on CNN 24 hours a day.........!!!!

I repeat that we who are at the "sharp end" in the industry need to be more forcefull in lobbying the relevant authorities to take the neccessary draconian measures to ensure that these people are identified, marginalised, isolated and prevented for ever more, from boarding commercial flights....... ONLY that way can we be sure of preventing similar horrors to that experienced on the 11th Sept...!!!