PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH
Thread: EDINBURGH
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2010, 10:40
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
s1echo The facts are well known; look them up yourself. Edinburgh is very definately a year round inbound tourist market
I was born in Ayrshire, lived in Glasgow then left after University for London and a better paid job with less sectarianism and "I kent yer faither-isms". I think I know Scotland well enough thank you, and I do get back a few times a year and enjoy it though.

So less time patronising me, and more time linking to the data you say is "well known". I know EDI has a much stronger inbound tourist market than the West Coast, a walk down Princess St will tell you that. However I still maintain that you are being very over optimistic in your assesment. The fact that there is no Scottish based airline of stature tells you that. As to Globespan, they built a market then blew it !

You claim that outbound Scot's on their way to the beach constitute
the outbound BandS brigade contributed 3% or so
which sounds wrong to me. I am asking you to back it up as it looks wrong. If the facts are so well known, share the data with me so I can see that a mere 3/100 ex EDI are in this category.

Finally when you say
Stay South of Watford young man
assuming I was non Scots, you show the narrow parochialism that grinds aspiration down, north of Berwick even to this day. This is pprune sir. I sure as *cough* don't need your permission to comment on my old stomping ground.

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 29th Jan 2010 at 10:53.