PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Scam!!
Thread: Ryanair Scam!!
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2002, 12:40
GonvilleBromhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with WWW.

MOL might not be the noblest of business men, but he is certainly shrewd.

Arrogant, cocky, flippant etc, but he knows the market. And like it or not, he holds the cards in what is currently (not always, but currently) a recruiters market. Fact of life.

We may not like it, but that is the reality at the moment. And at times like this, if Ryan are offering (potential) employment to pilots, then they can pretty much set the terms and conditions. If it was a choice between applying to Ryan (assuming you're not a timewaster) and going on the dole or a non-flying job, I think the vast majority would plump for Ryan, at least I would hope so.

It may stink, it may not be the way "things are done", but at this point in time, he can.

I also believe that this will not turn around and bite them on the ass in better times for the same reasons as WWW. Short memories, rising in seniority, inertia, comfort zone, call it what you will, you may get a few disgruntled guys moving on, but how is that different to not only other airlines, but any other employer you can think of ?

He ain't thick fellas, he is probably only too aware of the feelings amongst the pilot / wannabee communities, and when it suits, he will up the rewards / package to whatever it takes to maintain growth for Ryan, until then, it's their ball, they decide how to play.

For the record I don't like it but that's the reality.