PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice on Socata TB10
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2010, 19:21
englishal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to be in a TB10 group and must say it was a very nice aeroplane to fly....Certainly better than all the PA28's other than a Dakota and possibly an Arrow. As IO says, it is a nicer cockpit, plenty of room, and easy to get in and out of.

I did find it a little under powered (180HP), though the CS prop made up for that once in the cruise. It was no speed demon, and would cruise at 110 indicated at 2-4k (sorry don't have TAS figures), glided like a brick and was no short field baby either. Still it certainly was a nice aeroplane.

Of course it all depends on your budget....I saw a VERY nice Commander 114 at Phoenix which benefited from 530/430/traffic/mode S, nice new painted panel and all the bells and whistles with low timed engine for about $120,000.

I'm biased though and would opt for a Commander over a TB10 any day It also depends on where you live in the US, if you live in Arizona and regularly fly over hot mountains, then I wouldn't opt for a TB10. It felt "heavy" to me for the power, and I'd go for a turbocharged Commander myself (again I am biased )....or a TB20.

Good luck!