PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2010, 15:20
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best one ever!

I was doing my post-flight paperwork when I noticed a young man stood there on the ramp peering intently at me through the little document hatch, so that I asked him if I could help him with something.

"That was a very bad landing!" said he.

Well, it had been the FO's landing anyway but it had been perfectly normal, one of those firm ones we are told to do nowadays so that the WOW switches tell the spoilers to come out and the engines to go to ground idle, tell the brakes to start working, all those minor details that go to make up a roll-out from a firm landing instead of an over-run into the bushes from a soft one.

"You must be new here," I replied.

"Why is that?"

"If you had flown with me much you would know that when I really make a bad landing I break the lightbulbs in the airport café!"

After a long silence he replied, "I still think it was a bad landing you made."

"Yes, and is there anything else I can help you with today? No?" I turned back to my paperwork and when I looked again he was gone.

It was lucky for him that I am so snobby and indifferent to opinions such as his; if I had really cared then I probably would have said, "Come a bit closer to the little window; I am hard of hearing," and then stuck two fingers in his eyes in the manner of Moe from "The Three Stooges."