PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Scam!!
Thread: Ryanair Scam!!
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2002, 18:28
pottster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I appreciate the problem of having to pay to have your application read and for the interview/simulator, especially when they can then turn around and say thanks but no thanks. My problem is this:

- As a new License holder if I don’t go for schemes like this how do I keep current? How do I build the multi engine and multi crew hours required by the other carriers and perhaps just as important how do I achieve the 500 hours multi crew time needed to un-freeze my ATPL? If there is an alternative please let me know.

Even if the pay is reduced at the moment it is still better than temping pay and you still build time on a 737. Surely this is better than nothing. Also if the trade picks up the pay will have to improve for retention reasons. If people do leave then time to command must reduce, not only are you now building 737 time you are doing it in the left hand seat.

Please tell me – am I being irrational or do I have a bit of a point.

I would like to know more about the rest of the employment contract not included on the web site. I remember seeing some snippets of it on a post a while back.