PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2010, 21:09
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S.F.L.Y.

I am going to bed now, so don't expect a response in the immediate future.

Stop comparing the Turkish accident with BA038.

The difference , in case you somehow failed to notice, is that one crew were handed an impossible set of circumstances at 500ft and (according to you ) failed to optimise the glide performance of a Boeing 777, and horribly let the pilot population down by doing what 99.9% of us would do, by trying to avoid having a windscreeen full of suburbia as they tried to arrive somewhere on Thiefrow. Funny how anyone with a professional qualification and experience seems to think they did a bloody good job, where does that tend to put YOUR opinion shag ?

The "other" crew regretably, somehow, failed to notice or react to the fact that their cfm56's remained at idle thrust whilst their airspeed went West, and that in lieu of the autothrottle ,it was a good idea to react. Whilst there is sympathy for their error,and a desire to understand what may indeed have contributed to this almighty cock -up, opinion seems to be "what the hell were they looking at? " Again , where does that leave your learned "opinion " vs the experienced professional pilots posting on here?

I am sorry to say,your bitterness and constant harping on about the safety medals the pilots both so justifiably received , labels you a prize tw@t in my eyes, and your inability to see beyond this mindset combined with your posting history deprives you of any credibility.

"You are the weakest link in this thread, Good Night"