PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish airliner crashes at Schiphol
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2010, 20:52
S.F.L.Y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check all my previous post if you have nothing better to do and can't elaborate on factual and technical issues.

I'm just sorry to read that in one case pilots should be considered a heroes while in the other they should be considered as zeros. This attitude is purely ridiculous and unprofessional.

To me situations were quite similar: automatic approach, lack of thrust, speed decay and no effective action to stop the AOA to increase to insane levels. In both cases aircrafts reached stick shaker without thrust. The only difference was the available height for recovery, nothing to do with heroism.

When you have no speed and no thrust you simply don't increase your attitude, that's very basic and easy to understand. 15 years old teenagers flying gliders know that they shouldn't pull on the stick if they're short on final. How does it differ in a 777?

Have the decency to stop blaming one crew while throwing roses at the other when the outcome of these accidents are only based on available height after stick shaker activation.

Last edited by S.F.L.Y; 27th Jan 2010 at 21:05.