PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afghanistan Unwinnable - Milliband
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2010, 17:23
FFP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The bit I found interesting from Stewart was the following

Even if – as seems most unlikely – the Taliban were to take the capital, it is not clear how much of a threat this would pose to US or European national security. Would they repeat their error of providing a safe haven to al-Qaida? And how safe would this safe haven be? They could give al-Qaida land for a camp but how would they defend it against predators or US special forces? And does al-Qaida still require large terrorist training camps to organise attacks? Could they not plan in Hamburg and train at flight schools in Florida; or meet in Bradford and build morale on an adventure training course in Wales?
I don't think the Taliban is capable of being a ruling force in Afghanistan anymore. Are we pushing back on something that would fail of it's on accord and do the job we're hoping our military will do (which it won't)

You know where I think it's at ? Women's rights. Get that moving (easier said than done, I agree) and then we'll see change.

Final thoughts, I'm not convinced that "building morale" and "Wales" should be used in the same sentence.....