PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do I need an AOC???
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2010, 09:09
Nikai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got to love the grey areas...

If you are flying a guy around in his plane you do not need an AOC
If you are being paid to fly a guy around in your plane you do
If you are flying other people around in the guys aircraft he does
Nice succinct explanation...

In terms of aircraft ownership... assuming this means the registered aircraft owner... (ie. the one who signed on the dotted line) does anyone think there would be any leeway for flying someone around that has leased a plane for their private use?

Example 1, person leases a plane (say for 6 - 12 months) so that it is available to them for flight instruction, occasionally (once every month or two) they need to get from A-B and aren't a certified licence holder yet, would it still qualify as private ops to either:

(1) fly them/fly with them to their destination
or
(2) on the occasion that they need a friend or relative who isn't paying for the privilege to get somewhere, drop them at the destination

Example 2 - Person attains (borrow or hires....who knows?) a plane from a friend then calls and says can you fly my son to (destination) on Friday and wants to pay you for your time...

Both assume person holds a commercial licence with instructional privileges.

I know it varies by country but was just wondering what people thought... I know plenty of people who just go ahead and do it without questioning how it fits together, but it would be nice to get a better idea where the boundary lies...