PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 25th Jan 2010, 23:02
G-FATTY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!

Hi checkxp,
I did my training all modular and came out with the same pieces of paper in the end as any intergrated fATPL holder, for less than 1/2 the price (if it costs £100,000!! above)

2 years! - PPL for £6200, 45hrs
6months - ATPL groundschool fulltime Cabair £2250 + living exp. = £3,200 (good name, would recommend groundschool @ Bournemouth).
5months - Hour building @ £70ph + landing fees etc = £8500 - UK based
3months - Multi CPL/IR at PAT, Bournemouth = £26,000inc exams - (great name, instructors) + living exp.£1,600
1 week - MCC @ European = £1,900 living exp £120

Modular route......priceless!
(Total: £48,170)

under 15months taken out from completing PPL.
200.1 hours total.

I think my training was picking the best of each stage in my view. The level of training was as high as I believe it can get and I feel that each training organisation above was providing a tailor made course to suit my needs.
At the end of the day though I am not guaranteed an interview, as I believe some intergrated course offer, but I would prefer to go to an interview saying I managed my training on both cost and a hight level of training, than to turn up to an interview that was included in a package.

In answer to your question, I would have £51,830 left for a Type Rating until im evens with a intergrated students price.
If only I had that money left over!

Thought this may be of some interest. Good luck with the training.