PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 26th Jan 2010, 07:33
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 124 Likes on 59 Posts
Modular is much cheaper than Integrated - look

I've created this thread by lifting a post from a thread in the other forum where G-Fatty makes a wonderful contribution.

£48,000 is an achievable budget right here, right now, to get you CPL/IR Multi Frzn ATPL MCC and all from high quality training providers and all in the same time you'd spend on a full time course.

I don't think you can 'do' Oxford or CTC for less than £75k.

£27,000 buys you an awful lot of time to keep your ratings valid. It would easily cover twice over the cost of getting a type rating on a turboprop having got the nod from a small regional operator.

A much much better proposition than being the bitch of a lo-co crewing department on part time wages with zero security and no long term permanent job or benefits. Whilst having to pay back £100k loan for added misery.

For two and half years I have been shouting myself horse advising people they'd be mad to sign up to an Integrated course of any description or brand. Clearly many people ignored that advice and the reasons given and still do.

Many of them now find themselves wedged between bankruptcy, a debt/interest mountain, pay to fly 'job' offers on part time contractor terms - or let their licenses lapse and walk away a heavily indebted failure. The schools sold them the dream of a smart pilots uniform. Those uniforms though were all crotchless because the airlines were always going to be grabbing their b0llocks - not shaking their hand.

Go modular.