PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid Air collision over S Germany
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2002, 22:49
Vlad the Impaler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just spent half the evening reading through the posts on "Reporting Points" forum. Some interesting stuff on there. Everybody in the media has been quick to jump on the russian crew as they are an easy horse to beat. If it is true that Swiss ATC had two Co-ordinated in at FL360 (from different centres) on crossing tracks and then failed to attempt to resolve the situation until they were 8-10nm apart then that is a bit frightening. I know we are all human and we all make mistakes which is why STCA, TCAS and the like evolved. It was also said by swiss ATC that they have medium term conflict alert but it was down for maintainence. Surely it will all come out in the wash....
But for the grace god go us all and lets spare a thought not just for the families of those killed in this tragedy, but the poor guy or guyess at the console who, regardless of any blame or not, saw it happen on the tube. I'm that is something that will stay with them forever and I hope to god I never have to deal with it................................................