PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHFNI Stories!
Thread: SHFNI Stories!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 16:57
puma230

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh heavens, G falling out poor sod...I was the driver that day! Typical, the last of 3 cabs to pick up the remaining 12 from outside XMG. Oh there's an RUC chap (do you leave him as thou shall not carry 13 under threat of death?) so G gives up his seat. First we knew of G's spacewalk was a Para grabbing my mike and screaming " man overboard". One looks behind to see G's boots kicking at thin air while he desperately "asks" the Paras not to try and pull him in but tell those at the front. All this at 50' and 15 pitch racing Lynx 5 back to R850. G finally on board after landing on. At R850 one enquires why the Lynx didn't tell us of G's bid for freedom....."oh, we thought you were having a laugh"!!!!

Anyway, one hopes G is none the worse for wear today?

Op Rectify, Sqn breakfast at 1am weather way below limits so all delayed until 5. Back comes Digger after weather ship flight . "Whats the weather like...****, way below limits". In walks OC230, "the weathers bad but the go order has
already gone so we're off"....genius!

Fun days, topped off with trashing a tail rotor when detached to Otterburn. Cue phone call to Aldergrove, "can I have a new tail rotor please"? In walks A M "you asking for a new tail.......make that 2"!

Last edited by puma230; 22nd Jan 2010 at 17:42.