PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHFNI Stories!
Thread: SHFNI Stories!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2010, 13:49
miles offtarget

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is plenty more yet...

Anyone remember G** S**** falling out of the door and being (quite painfully) pinned to the nite-sun bracket for a few minutes whilst trying to get hold of his interrupter lead blowing in the slipstream and alert the rest of the crew.

H*** C, enjoying a clandestine listen to BBC R5 on the ADF during some night tasking, and on an England footballer missing a penalty shouting 'oh **** we've hit the post', just as the aircraft was crossing the fence. Much UP UP UP and non football related consternation from front end.

Op Rectify ... where does one start ... the physical manifestation of OC 230's inner delusions (such as that he possessed Guy Gibson like leadership), coupled with a frenetic final push for the promotion that he'd been forced to discount in his youth. Now he was presented with an unimaginable culmination of his dreams, the Dams raid, plus a pat on the back from the AOC. '...ohhh Mum look at me, ... I'm a combat leader, and soooooooo close to being a Staish, just think of the amount of saluting I'll receive! '

I digress; but does anyone else remember that absurd one-way system up and down the 250' wires and in and out of pissing rain and low stratus, at night with no spare NVG on board, because the SH Politburo hadn't wanted to alert the IRA (via OC Safety Equipment naturally), that we were flying bags of combat cement into XMG. We as a crew had at least one head to head with a pair of Lynx, and a very close call with the Wokka (not their fault) at the TSW site.

On a much happier note, I believe that A*** L****** has posted some photographs of the Sgt's Mess corridoor party, (the one in which we imprisioned S**** A**** in a single seat liferaft thingy until he'd drunk all 6 cans of Tennents Super) in 1993(?) on facebook.

Eileen, I found our letters of apology for the 'Night Boat to Cairo / fire extinguisher 'incident' the other day. Must have been still drunk, you had awarded yourself an MBE !

MoT

Last edited by miles offtarget; 22nd Jan 2010 at 17:31. Reason: spollinge and poor grandmar