PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Irish ATC Disruption 20 Jan 2010
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2010, 14:43
sickofitall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Viper1

You have me a tad confused.

Are the ATCO's down here because the pilots are up there or are the pilots up there because the ATCO's are down here?

You may like to think that they control them all but without aircraft there would not be any jobs for them. Now we all know that that is not going to happen, but as traffic reduces there is a requirement for less ATCO's...and the opposite is also true.

The problem here is that the traffic is reducing...and has been for at least a year. Impact need a sniff of reality. I couldn't care less if they earn 500,000 or more a year...but it should be based on performance.

Dublin is probably one of the only airports where if you are approaching from the east and they are landing on RWY28 that they will actually turn you onto an easterly heading on approach in order to keep a SEVEN MILE separation...in VMC!! Before you say it doesnt happen, it does...I have operated where I was wondering if I was going to end up getting handed back over to Manchester Control

By all means pay them the money if that's what they want...but it has to mean an increase in productivity.

Incidentally, landed on RWY16 today. They are obviously on a work to rule. Flew the full VATRY3U arrival...poetry in motion. Nobody ******* things up!