PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Intl Schedule Changes (Rumours)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2010, 22:21
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You have to remember that this is merely supposition and might just be yet another rumour.

I'm sure the airline has the best wishes of crew at heart...

However,if it is true you have to put yourself in their shoes for a moment...

I know that for a rational normal pragmatic person that is difficult but when you think of some of their past ideas it makes sense....to them at any rate.

Firstly,they managed to get a dispensation for cabin crew to operate the shuttle.Now they are going to have to come up with an answer for the people upstairs so convincing that they can keep their jobs...even though the aircraft given to them to do the job is rumoured to make the TOD far in excess of the current average...

So to do the job they simply put people in there that don't have hour limitations that apply to QAL crew....if this is true fatigue is obviously not a concern of theirs...

Secondly,this continues a proud tradition of divide and conquer....

If the rumour is true and they are basing tech crew in LA for a month this creates some friction simply because they are not doing this with cabin crew but then if the other rumour is also true they crew the aircraft with a mixture of QAL crew and AKL crew and create even more friction...

The AKL crew see the QAL crew getting off in JFK and working less hours and getting more pay...

What's that song again...."There's a fraction too much friction..."..

Forget I still call Australia home this could be the new theme and it's from a Kiwi band to add insult to injury ....