PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BO 105 - Good, Bad or just Ugly?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2010, 16:35
Thud_and_Blunder

Received 90 Likes on 36 Posts
D'you know what, tbc - you're not often wrong, but you're (mostly) right this time! Don't know why PAS never fitted the proper door hold-open devices to their fleet, mine worked beautifully in 38 knots of wind on Ardnamurchan earlier today.

You didn't mention mixing CECO/Bendix starters in the same fleet, btw. Or an inspection step that takes a bite out of the sliding door. Or sliding door screw-in devices which gouge grooves in the door-frame. Or even a fuel contents system which a) denies you accurate information, and b) PARTICULARLY denies you accurate information in the one part of the main tank where you'd particularly like to know how much fuel you have. At least PAS never had to suffer the CAA-mandated backup fuel system, now (thank suitable deity OR Dir of Engineering, as appropriate) removed from all aircraft. As for Bo105 cowling catches vs MD902 - I think we'll call that one a draw, or maybe (just maybe...) one in the Bolkow's favour.

As with many of the other contributors here, I do think Billy Bolkow will be a very hard act to follow in the lighthouse role. I still dearly miss the 902, especially for Air Amb work, but am glad they're giving the job of making it succeed on the lighthouses to a grown-up. Probably.