PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Runners (absconders - not the Nike guys)
Old 19th Jan 2010, 18:28
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muttley, you said,

''Hey you noticed! Armed with this knowledge, you should now be able to relax a little and enjoy life outside of work because you understand why they do what they do.''

I do enjoy life outside of EK and I totally agree with you that life is what you make it.

But are you suggesting that since I recognize the lunacy of this company with regards to Fatigue, that I now should just be able to overcome it and be happy with my lot in life? Sorry, not so easy for people who actually feel for their colleagues. Admittedly, I have it easy compared to most pilots here, due to my personal circumstances, but even I am finding this job is becoming too much.

I could deal with stupidity from our management except for the following;
1- We're talking about flight safety
2- Long term (let alone short-term) health effects are NO consideration for our illustrious leaders. They don't care because they are all like ED and TCAS and are only considering their personal benefit.
3- Not one person in management understands the true aspects of crossing time zones, flying back to back night and day flights and working schedules that are not conducive to proper rest
4- Not one person in management cares..... even if they were capable of understanding!
5- 15% of pilots at EK are willing accomplices to the lies

My goodness, the only reason this planet is in peril is due to complacency or a willingness to accept poor leadership. EK is going to fall at some point. It might be next year or it might be in 10 years. But it will surely happen.

It might take a massive disaster such as killiing 300 people or it might be a general decline due to poor management. But whatever the experts degree to be the cause, it will happen because we have management who only have their personal interests in mind. Sadly, pilots must take some blame as well, even though the entire deck of cards is stacked against us. But every time we go into discretion, accept a change from rostering, or simply knuckle under to pressure, we all take some responsibility for the inevitable demise of this airline.

Newbies joining this airline are in for a rough ride. Most of us already here here, have experienced at least some good times, and benefited accordingly, but the poor bastards coming here now are in for a shock. My heart goes out to them.