PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ek Runners (absconders - not the Nike guys)
Old 19th Jan 2010, 16:56
mensaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oblaas,

I completely understand the fact that our 'rest period' is contingent upon blocks-on plus 30 minutes. But until 2 years ago, EK had considered blocks-on plus 30 minutes for the relevant duty day and not just the subsequent duty period. Why the change?

Perhaps one or two other ridiculous airlines on this planet, now take this approach to FTL's but I am unaware of any.

What YOU don't understand, is that this company....... EMIRATES AIRLINE...... is taking whatever liberties they wish, without due regard for Fatigue and by definition, Flight Safety.

FATIGUE and long term health effects of Emirates employees are not even a consideration for our management, unless of course, the truth becomes known to either the general public or the ineffectual airline authority in the UAE.

Let's face facts..... they don't give a damn. Most employees at Emirates Airline leave within 5 years, so the long term health effects are inconsequential to their thinking, plus the fact that NO ONE is actually regulating the obtuse and illegal interpretation of EK's FTL's.

COME ON!!!!!!!!! Variations to the normal flight time limitations are actually considered acceptable in this hell-hole? Take a serious read regarding Variations because the only allowances are made for......... time off AFTER the flights. (ok fine, there is a small margin before the flight). But how the hell does 'time off' after doing a Variation, help a pilot perform his duties......... DURING the variation?

I understand the decline of Dubai in general and I voiced those concerns long before it was generally accepted. (wish i was as smart at Dooner or and that other guy who professed things so succinctly, long before it was common knowledge) I am not pissed off because Dubai is such a crap-hole place, I am mad because Emirates Airline has turned into such a meager existence.

We can't even spend time with our friends and enjoy the good aspects of Dubai, BECAUSE OUR SKEDS are so crazy. I am actually considering leaving this place solely based upon that fact.

When you pass the age of 40, this place is a death sentence. I look after myself, have a relatively stress free life (thanks to my family) yet there is no doubt in my mind that this existence is not conducive to harmony or happiness.

I occasionally feel like punching the minority of my colleagues who are living in a dream world, and then in the next sentence they tell me their wife is leaving them! Darn, it is becoming more and more difficult to be so 'upbeat' on each on every flight.

In spite of my postings which might seem negative, I am a happy dude. But I have to admit, it affects me too much when I consistently fly with 'unhappy' pilots. They generally walk off the plane and slap me on the back, saying they appreciated me listening to them about their concerns without judgement. Oddly enough, this has more of an negative consequence to me, because I actually feel for these guys. I can't imagine bringing my wife and family here only to discover we hated the place and the company. Ouch.

Fook Me..... ANYONE who defends Emirates Airline's practices with respect to employees is either a moron or a kiss-ass wannabee. Without exception!