PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another Air Berlin incident in Nuremberg..
Old 18th Jan 2010, 18:08
Nightfire

NG Jockey , I will give you the benefit of not being a native english speaker and explain for you . The second part of my post clearly states that this comment is "tongue in cheek" .That means that I am not really serious , and I also state that "it could happen to anybody"
Many of us are not native English speakers, and some of us won't understand cynicism as easily as others. So please do excuse us uneducated ones, will you. By the way, your spelling and grammar is not exactly Oxford-style either.

The point that i was making is that AB had three minor incidents in a few days and it attracted very little comment - rightly so . On the other hand we at ryanair had an equally minor incident at prestwick - low speed skid off taxiway covered in ice - and it attracted all sorts of attacks on our professionalism , I find these double standards hard to take and unacceptable .
And so? Are you trying to make a point about the injustice here? This isn't supposed to be some kind of a competition here, where we count the number of incidents and accidents, multiply them by the negative comments and check the score.
Any "mishap" is one too many, but it is not professional to sneer at each other either. Or do you find satisfaction in the fact that, at last, it has happened to another airline too?

I have flown with many former AB guys at ryanair and they are all very proficient , but you do need to talk to the guy who was at 140kts on a 25mile final into alicante the other week , nearly a bloody pile up behind him .
I am not AB either (I used to be, I hated it, and consequently I left them), but to associate the proficiency of another pilot with his airline is just immature behaviour. We are all doing the same job.
So I don't know whatever happened in Alicante the other day nor whatever the reasons of that crew were to slow down to 140kts on a 25 miles final, but what is your point here? Is that supposed to be some kind of evidence that they are obviously not proficient?