PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging IFR hours - is my thinking correct?
Old 18th Jan 2010, 06:40
CL300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as a matter of fact only Us of A is basing the licensing on the title 14 of CFR part 61. This document is based on ICAO recomandations. Every single country part of the 186 members of ICAO is using the same recomandations. Some countries do accept to give an equivalence, or sometimes only a validation from another memeber into their respective Licences. ( Well known are Bermudan and Cayman authorities) This does not mean they are basing their licences on the US of A view. They are basing this on an ICAO recommandation.
The fact that the american regulator put in part 61 some restrictions is a right and a privilege; that every single country has. Besides this other regulators, would it be CAA or EASA or else are having their own view.
There is a very good article on AIN about the fact that europe is leading the way in many fields of aviation , CDFA, CArbon offset, fatigue managemen ,weather reporting, etc..
I can only suggest that you have to stick to the rules from where you are flying; but in today's world, no one can care less about IFR total time; Time in type is what matters, along with total time. Now if you can keep the altitude within 100 ft at FL 450 without looking at your instruments, I know a couple of companies that will hire you for in flight calibration at once.