PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue in the poo!!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2002, 19:27
Mud Skipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feeton Terrafirma,

I'm sure VB thought they were lucky this bloke was Captain. Hell they could have been stuck with one of the other hundred that landed that day within the runway confines! I guess they thought they were soooo lucky they made him an F/O just to be sure they didn't push this luck too far and use it all up.

We all stuff up - some fortunatly work for a company where we don't feel we then need to cover up to keep our jobs. Hell we can even visit golf courses and thats OK as long as we self report and preferably have a Cadet background. I think that was actually the S/O's fault anyway - he should have reminded the Captain to stop the aircraft.

As for having a GO at the South African & Zim pilots on the 737's, well from what I see and hear, we are luck to have them here. Like a breath of fresh air they have often a much wider base of experience than many of our people and do not seem to suffer from Grandpa rules they way many long term AA or QF pilots do. Perhaps that is why we see so many of them in the Checking and Training sections?