PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging IFR hours - is my thinking correct?
Old 17th Jan 2010, 07:25
CL300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About 20 years ago, I was based out of Hatflied (UK) with N registered aircrafts, (6 months contract) ( easy to spot the operator, only one at that time at LBA )
FO had NO type rating, would it be on the mighty C500 or the infamous GII.
But times are changing, later on out of UK with a Falcon 900, (under the same circumstances, but different operator, and BEFORE the SIC rating), the CAA ramp checked us, and let us go back across the pond, with a warning that next time FO needs a TR on the plane.

The interesting part was when I got a french ATPL (non-FCL), the DGAC would not count towards my grand total, any flight time done as an SIC with no rating or flight in a plane that was not certified in France. 10 years later,a letter cmae through in order to let me know that NOW, these hours were recognised and that I could log them ( what a difference between 8000 and 10K !!!!) . The only only point being that things are changing, and that what used to be normal procedure in the past is outlaw today, and vice-versa.

A bit like logging IFR, used to be IMC conditions; now all time spent under IFR FPL....At the end of the day , who cares ? Except a dodgy Chief Pilot ?

Enjoy your flying, every minute counts, would it be Single engine Sea, or MultiJet Land, day or night, in the traffic pattern or accross PAC...The rest is only bar discussion, or pprune for that matter..