PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue in the poo!!!
View Single Post
Old 1st Jul 2002, 14:32
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If mrs gaunty hadn't mentioned it in passing, I would never have known about the go round in ADL mornin of the 22nd.

It was only mentioned in the context of a little sightseeing City and Beaches and spotting a friends house in Menindee.

No big deal, the crew were doing what we are all trained to do, if it doesn't look nice, we bug out and have another go.
Mostly we get it right sometimes we don't, we should not have to operate under the shadow of a Star Chamber Inquisition and the threat of having our finger and toenails ripped off on the hopefully rare occasion that sh!t happens.

No press, no drama except another 15 mins enroute.

The airline? VB/QF? doesn't matter and who cares, to say one is better than the other right now is a pretty tough call.

I flew 4 sectors as a pax last week on different airlines, only one got my eybrows going in the direction of up, from a safety aspect and that was to do with a couple of stray lifejackets on the floor under the seat, that, "they can stay there because it's too hard to get down there and restow them". Question, full plane, which seats were they from and who was going to miss out. I always check mine so I knew it wasn't me.

Now I am going to be a xenophobe, South African Capt on an Australian icon, Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.