PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monthly ATCOs salaries in Europe
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2010, 22:28
aaesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FrenchATCO,

Two words -- George Bush.

There is no contract -- no signed agreement. There are only "Imposed Work Rules."

It is illegal to strike or engage in any type of job action for U.S. Government employees. That is the reason President Reagan was allowed to fire all the PATCO controllers in 1981.

If you find it hard to understand from over there, imagine being over here. The only legal recourse an individual has is to retire or quit. Controllers are doing both in record numbers.

I retired in 2006 when the Imposed Work Rules were implemented. My pay was roughly $150,000 (per year) the year I retired -- after 25 years at the Atlanta ARTCCenter.

Don Brown

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

I'm really sorry to read this. I feel for you. I'm sorry you had to retire from such a beautiful job because of those incredibly abusive conditions. I would have done the same thing.

And that's supposed to be the land of freedom and democracy!?

Maybe here in Spain we would have all resigned next morning and let's see if they use teachers and mailmen to control the traffic. Of course, this is easier said than done, but with 96% of the ATCOs in the same union it's feasible.