PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2010, 11:18
fl dutchman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyman771.

Good post but a couple of comments. The overall BA figures to LHR seem to suggest a general growth in pax nos over the past months except NOV I think and DEC which was down a little possibly due to weather/threatened strike action. Of course we dont know where these pax are flying onwards to.
I think the numbers to CDG are down mainly as a result of a decrease in frequency by Easyjet. As I understand it the AF figures have gone up slightly, but that is hearsay at the moment.
The removal of the 10am ish AMS I think is the main reason for the pax no decline on that route. It has a detrimental effect on connections. So EK and others probably benefit from this. The official reason it does not fly is " slot restrictions at AMS". I think the load factor for that flight was generally about 90%. As I have said before seems an odd one to cut. However its back for the summer and we shall see what happens.
Of course there is now the Brussels Airlines service with onward connections. It will be interesting to see how that performs.

Dont think an extra EK flight is on the cards just yet but that could change if things pick up dramatically or the BA service goes for whatever reason.

Last edited by fl dutchman; 15th Jan 2010 at 11:36.