PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Moderators of this forum need to grow the hell up
Old 14th Jan 2010, 03:12
pondoklabu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Moderators of this forum need to grow the hell up

Dear moderators

I have been a long time watcher and occasional participant of the PPrune forum.
I class my self as a professional aviator that has seen the better of 30 years in a tough industry that's seen the occasional mud thrown in all directions. But I have noticed with more and more regularity that the moderators of this forum are becoming more and more precious when it comes to certain posts, that they either disagree with on a moral grounds or on professional ones.
well may I respectfully say grow the hell up, this is a open forum listed for open frank and DEMOCRATIC views even if you don't agree with them.
The latest was a posting about Jetstar vietnam and and their blatant lack of safety standards as reported by the media, yes I know there was the assertion to connect the story with Jetstar Australia, however canning the post straight away when it had some very good points too make was very short sighted indeed. Isn't up too the general population to decide if a poster goes too far, I can recall on many occasions when fellow professional aviators on this very forum have pulled people into line over ridiculous statements, we don't need over zealous moderators to stiffen free speech in this very rare free open forum about aviation.

The moderators should use his or her power as a last resort not jump in straight away to wield their mighty internet sword.
PLease back off and allow democratic voices be heard, even if you don't agree with them on a personal level.