PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Growing Evidence That The Upturn Is Upon Us
Old 14th Jan 2010, 00:44
pug

Received 95 Likes on 56 Posts
because everybody seems to knock the people with dreams, what about the people who accepted these working conditions?
As a fellow 'wannabee' i have been following these threads for the last few years. I can only say thank you to posters such as WWW for confiming my fears and subsequently put the 'dream' on hold.

I would suggest as a new poster you go through the hundreds of threads and posts on this matter before asking such questions.

To answer that quote, however, it seems the overly optimistic people who have been accepting these schemes have not helped. I dont want to pass too much judgement on their situation as i am on the other side of ATPL training, and am not in the airline business at the moment. Iit could be that they have been 'forced' to accept after investing a small mortgage in this. It could be argued by some that people are trying to get ahead of the competition by doing this.

It is clear that the bean counters have picked up on the rose tinted rayban wearers and have seen a money spinner.

Personaly i will be over there until we see an improvement, if we ever do! Im heading towards my late 20's now though so a re-evaluation of my own situation may be in order i believe.