PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wot no AH64
Thread: Wot no AH64
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2002, 10:00
doh-nut boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Eagle

Well done for pointing out that the Aircraft at Wattisham was a british operated cab, don't recall denying that.

The original question was why a Dutch one had turned up at Waddington and is also on the list for Fairford. I think its excellent that A UK operated cab turned up at Wattisham and the crew were available to talk to after. I do think that may have been a favour pulled in by the C.O or similar bearing in mind they wear the same headdress etc.

Yes I am aware Pub user that we allocate work differently than other European users but surely 651sqn can spare 1 airframe for such a valuable recruiting excercise. Example 153 local Army cadets are travelling to Waddington by coach this morning, that is just one town, the potential turnout for new, quality recruits is huge. If 651 are so busy, fantastic maybe they are getting it right. But I have dialled a number of thier extentions and the Gaurdroom at Wallop and can assure you that there is no-one home until monday morning

All i can do is reitereate that is is pi** poor that after all this time and money and training we can't get a 150 miles to park on some grass. An officer won't mention any names managed to get a Gazelle into Warton for the weekend for his sisters wedding. Like to see you defend that. Not that Im against a jolly but what bigger jolly than an Airshow.

Did I just come accross as an anorak.