PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2010, 22:21
JKKne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Nothing to do with weather at Newcastle - it's quite simply that BA's policy is that whenever there is any disruption to the schedule it is the domestic services which get pulled first to allow them to try and keep the rest of the schedule going. Their reasoning is that it is easier to find alternatives modes of transport for domestic flights.
I figured as much, I intensely objected to be being blatantly lied to by BA CS at Heathrow, Iberia were great (surprisingly) at the Spanish end, they've been surprisingly improving of late.

I am a regular BA traveller and just hated the whole attitude. I'd much prefer someone had said to me the real reason and I'd have said fair enough and booked elsewhere.

Another corker, which I've relayed in a email to BA customer services was

'Easyjet and FlyBe are lower cost airlines and get preference for landing at regional airports as they have more flights than BA and FlyBe only operate propellor planes which are better in the snow'

This employee has been well and truly named and shamed to BA.

Credit to FlyBe and NCL staff who kept car parks and walkways clear and free during difficult conditions