PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter needed for mercy mission in Fife area.
Old 10th Jan 2010, 20:26
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
Paul, I hope this ends up well.

Nigelh,

You clearly show your ignorance of this subject matter. I would like to know what qualifies you to 'have a go' at crab@, bearing in mind his profile.

Do you not realise that it is not a simple mission looking for a misper, it involves knowing where/what/how based on the updates and inputs from qualified and experienced people on the ground coordinating the search. Obviously your chipped shoulder obscures your view, as it has nothing to do with being mil/ex-mil. Come on show us your knowledge base, are all police pilots ex-mil?

In your mind it would have nothing to do with communication/coordination of assets both ground and air/thermal cameras/misper procedures and practises, but simply 'have a looksie' and maybe lady luck will shine.

You would have every available ac searching the area, eliminating every blob amongst the snow, what a waste of time and what could a non equipped aircraft really achieve above 500ft?

I could go on, I will.
I wish you had read Pauls last post and the the link he gave.
Appeal for missing businessman | Scotland | STV News

In it you would read,
His wife said he was dressed for the conditions.
When he left home, four days ago, he is understood to have told his wife that he intended to catch a train from nearby Polmont Railway Station.
He is a regular hillwalker and climber.
He was also known to walk to work along the Union Canal
Assuming the canal has been walked and this is the int you have to go on....your call!

edit
Oh yes.....and before your Squadron deploys alles uber die platz, experience gave this piece in the article;
police urge hoteliers across the country to check their records to see if Mr Ainsworth, a keen hillwalker, may have checked in or out in recent days.

Last edited by SilsoeSid; 10th Jan 2010 at 20:37.