PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Planned March on Wootton
View Single Post
Old 9th Jan 2010, 22:46
TacLan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No apologies for swiming against the current but I say let the Islam4uk march through Wooton Basset go ahead. Amongst other things, we are the defenders of freedom of expression, religion and speech, and as residents (I don't know if they are citizens) they should have the same freedoms as everyone else. This is what marks us apart.

However, If they get so upset about our way of life, It makes me wonder why they came here in the first place, I doubt that they would be afforded such freedoms where ever they came from.

What we don't have to do is take any notice. The public, the military and media should give them a damn good ignoring. Unfortunately, this won't happen, the media will have a feeding frenzy and it could quite possibly attract the extreme right and potentially end in violence, which would turn it into a highly damaging media orgy.

There is a lot of positive feeling towards the military at the moment, my view is that those serving and having served should act with dignity and reservation, otherwise we may play into their hands.

Just to clarify, prior to the event, I also thought that the BNP should have been given their moment on Question time. Look at the job he did!