PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's make our Profession prestigious again
Old 9th Jan 2010, 05:24
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Self Sponsored Command

I totally agree with you, mate

People will become increasingly aware of the deep we are in the sh*t when they see the first SELF SPONSORED COMMAND courses.

VONKLUFFEN's post is great, but I would like to make a comment.

It says several times than studiying and reviewing is necessary (even if many pilot's themselves don't "admit" it, as if it was a weakness)

So, How on Earth will a guy be a good pilot who studies and reviews if he has never studied before becoming a pilot?

The system should make sure that a wannabee has good studiying skills before letting him begin with the training. And the training itself should include basic maths and physics for those who don't know much about them.

Finally I would like to say that, in the 21st century, the whole licencing issue should be totally changed. I can make a syllabus for a 4 year university degree that would be as hard to finish as any other degree that would make airline pilots be the best they could. Why should those unable to pass it have the right to become a airline pilot instead of those who are able?

There will be a day we ALL say ENOUGH. But we need to dive even deeper in the sh*t.

You will see